For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK data protection laws, the controller is The Downs Lawn Tennis Club, also known as The DLTC of 50 Holland Avenue, Belmont, SM2 6HU.
About this document
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you fill in an application for membership, when you make enquiries on our website, or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (for example, where you enter a competition, renew your membership).
- From someone else who has applied for membership on your behalf (for example a family member from the LTA (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about our Venue).
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you)
- For junior members we may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend a course or training session
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection more generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of your DLTC membership, including:
- informing you about news of the club, new developments and general information we think members will find useful.
- taking payment of membership fees;
- Administration of the Wimbledon ballot;
Where this is necessary for the performance of a contract (including any written terms and conditions relating to your membership) with you;
- Communication about our Venue activities that we think may be of interest to you;
- Storing your details on the software platform we use for our online Venue member management database
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a member of our Venue. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Membership related mailings such as your membership renewal reminder and notices of formal meetings
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by contacting us at:
Post: The General Secretary, The Downs Lawn Tennis Club, 50 Holland Avenue, Belmont, SM2 6HU
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use. Your data may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our employees and volunteers, for the purposes of administering your membership and giving you access to the membership benefits to which you are entitled.
- Our coaches
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid DLTC membership.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
- by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post: The General Secretary, The Downs Lawn Tennis Club, 50 Holland Avenue, Belmont, SM2 6HU
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.